Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I am coming along on the socks.  You want to see them so far?

I have the gusset finished on the first sock and I am getting ready to start it on the second.  I'm loving them more and more as I get into making these and I am definitely going to buy some of this yarn to make socks for myself.  It feels so nice.

My mom does quilting and she asked me about my baby blanket which she cross-stitched before I was born.  I found it for her and thought I would post pictures of this wonderful piece that she made.

This is the top 1/2.  She cross-stitched a different house on each block.


And the bottom.  I think it is really cute.  She made this back in the day when you found out what you were having once the birth took place. This would be a cute project to make for a boy or a girl.  Enjoy and I would love to see your WIPs too.

10 comments:

Kara said...

The socks are looking GREAT!

Love the cross stitch that your mom did for you, too. What a sweet family heirloom :-)

Best wishes!

autumngeisha said...

I just love the baby blanket! What a terrific piece of your history to share with us. Your socks are looking good, the colors are so happy!

paula said...

Oh wow. That blanket is amazing. I'd totally frame it and hang it on my wall. Your mom's got some serious skills!

Affiknitty said...

You are making good progress on your socks, they are very cute. And how wonderful that you have your handmade baby blanket! That's a keeper!

Tami Klockau said...

I love the blanket! That's so awesome that you have it and it's in great condition! I agree with Paula, I'd totally frame it!

That yarn looks amazing on the socks. I love the colorway.

Liz in Ypsilanti said...

That blanket is such a nice piece of personal history to have! It's so nice to have these treasures!

Dina said...

Great progress on the socks. What a wonderful heirloom to have.

{ Emma } said...

That blanket is just gorgeous, such a beautiful thing to treasure.

The socks are looking fab!

Denise said...

Your socks are very pretty. How wonderful you still have your baby quilt.

I cross stitched those baby quilt kits from Mary Maxim with a Bambi and Friends for each of my three. They wore them down to scraps of fabric.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. It will make my mom happy that you all like the quilt.

The socks are still coming along and I want them for myself. Lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails