Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WIP Wednesday

I learned the dreaded Kitchener stitch this Saturday and you know what?  It was really easy.  In fact, socks are fun to make.  I can't wait to get started on my next pair which I will knit from the toes up.  But first, I have to finish the toes on my first pair.  Here are pictures of the socks so far:

The backside.  It has pointed toes.  I think I will try something different with the toe decrease on the next pair.  I'd rather they be a little less pointed in the middle.

How they look when worn.  She can't wait for me to finish the second sock so she can wear them.  I will be working on the toe decrease today and finishing it up.  Here is what they look like this morning:

Almost done.  Now when I get tired of doing tiny stitches, I switch to my purse project which is big stitches.  I've gotten quite a bit of work done on it as well:

I have to finish up the light stripe, do a medium and dark then I get to work on the bottom and the straps.  I hope to be able to felt it on Monday or Tuesday and show you a finished bag next week. 

4 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

You're SOOOO close to the end of your socks! Congrats! I love them.

Interested to see how the felting goes! I've been too scared up to this point to try it!

Affiknitty said...

Aren't socks fun? They seem so complicated at first but once you understand the construction they go quickly. It's nice too when you have an appreciative recipient!

CloseAcademy said...

I finished them up around 4 yesterday and she wore them the rest of the night. Thanks for stopping by.

Dina said...

socks can be seriously addicting

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails