Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekly Report

I am ready for the school year to end.  We have two more weeks of work and then we get to do Christmas school.  Things have been so much better this year and they haven't hit any walls or had a lot of problems this year as fall peaked.  But we are ready for a break.  I think everyone is also looking forward to new material with the New Year.

So what have we done this week?  My oldest worked on long division with 2-digit divisors and wrote about Macon, GA for her trip project:

With my youngest, she is working on regrouping.  I draw the little houses around her problems and have her put the extra numbers in the attic.  Together we have been reviewing the Roman numerals as something fun to do as we wrap up the year:

She also learned about insects and made a book about butterflies:

It was a pretty nice week.  Although, we all feel like skipping school.  Which I take as a big sign that we need a break.

7 comments:

Faith said...

Christmas school sounds interesting! I always liked the idea of Oak Meadow math but I could never actually do it well. You seem more creative than I am!

Nice work!

LaughingLioness said...

We are looking forward to the holidays, too. Our oldest will be home for several weeks this year so I anticipate we'll have lots of "off" days.
Nice pictures!

Daisy said...

I love the idea of putting the numbers in the attic. How creative!

Two more weeks for us and then at least we get Thanksgiving break. I'm so ready for a week off.

Bright Sky Mom said...

Another homeschooler asked me how school was going and I said something to the effect of "Well, it's November and that is almost December and I just feel like the first half of the year is over already..." :)

Of course, we just finished the first quarter. Sigh.

Are you starting OM 6 & 3 in January? I sent off for their catalog but it wasn't more than the website had. I'm interested in 6 & 3 for next year...or maybe just more projects and less workbooks. But at my house, workbooks are what gets DONE.

I hope to read more about your Christmas school!! Have you blogged about it in the past?

Lee

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by.

Christmas school is basically math and a lapbook about some sort of Christmas topic. We also do crafts and make cards.

In January, we will be starting OM 3 and 6 and I will be posting weekly reports as we go through the material. We are going to take about 1 1/2 years to do OM6.

Mandy in TN said...

I am the odd man out I suppose. Cooler weather always leaves me feeling energized and then wham! Thanksgiving comes along to interrupt my groove. :-(

But I can't wait to see what fun things you do with OM 3 and 6!

Courtney said...

We're ready for a break too. Just a few more weeks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails