Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Morning

We are done with the birthday week.  My mother, oldest daughter and myself all have birthdays at this time and it is usually a chaotic week or two.  We will have 3 days of school this week, 4 days next week and then it is Thanksgiving.  So we are really wrapping things up and winding down.  The school day was over quickly as we finish off our various projects and curriculum for the year.

This week my youngest is studying birds and fish and my oldest is reading about Sally Ride.  I am working on a pair of socks for my youngest.  My husband bought me a gift certificate to the local yarn shop and I was able to buy this:
It is merino and the first time I have used it.  It knits up like cotton but feels like silk.  I love it.  The socks are going to be very pretty.

Overall, it has been a good Monday morning.

2 comments:

Sally said...

happy birthdays!
that yarn looks so sproingy!!!

CloseAcademy said...

It looks like it but it knits more like cotton yarn, very smooth and easy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails