Friday, November 26, 2010

Decorating for Christmas

Our family tradition is to decorate for Christmas on the day after Christmas.  Here are some pictures of our efforts:

Our Christmas window star.  I thought the red and green would go well with the holidays.


Our tree which my girls decorated.  We will have to see if sweetheart, our bunny, bothers it.  I have all the cords protected but we may have to put a barrier around the tree.  I think they did a nice job decorating.


Our mantle place.  I put all the breakables up there.  The stocking holders spell out "Peace."  The paper chain goes almost around the entire living/dining room area.  My oldest has been working on it for about 6 years now.  Each year she adds more links.

Are you getting ready for Christmas yet? 

2 comments:

Sally said...

You mean, the day after Thanksgiving? :) It all looks great, and I am loving the star. What kind of paper is that? I like how your daughter is adding to her chain -- does she have a plan for how many she adds, or just when the mood strikes her?
Your knitting is great -- I love the idea of having 2 projects going at all times :D

CloseAcademy said...

The star is made out of kite paper. You can also make them out of tissue paper but kite doesn't tear quite as easily.

With the chain, she just adds to it when she is in the mood.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails