Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday Work in Progress

I learned some new tricks this week and tried some others that didn't work out.  I completed 4 blocks on my 3x3 block project.  Here they are:
The multi-color is a 2 x 2 rib, I tried intarsia with the cream and orange heart.  Then I tried Fair Isle with the yellow and green triangles.  I also made a nice diamonds in columns with the white.  Fair Isle and Intarsia were not as hard as I thought they would be but I did have to be patient and pay attention to my yarn.

I failed at knitting in the round and am going to put that skill on hold until my sock class next Saturday.  I think I may just be too picky and I knit really tightly.  But I am going ahead and making my felted Ipod holder.  I just converted the pattern to a flat knit instead of one done in the round.  This is what it looks like so far:

I just love this yarn.  It is a 20% cotton 80% wool blend and it is so heavenly to work with.  The colors are also so pretty.  It would have made a beautiful sweater.  I am close to being done with knitting the body and flap and I think I will have plenty of yarn left to make a strap.  It is going to be so nice to use this in the gym to hold my Ipod while I work out.

What are you working on?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails