Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday WIP

I've got two for you this week and they are big ones.  I started my sock class, it was a lot of fun.  We cast on, did 2 x 2 rib (you knit two stitches and then purl two stitches) and got directions on making the heel flap since we are such able students.  I used Cascade Fixation yarn.  It is 98 % cotton/elsastic mix and so forgiving. Here are my socks so far:

I did the cuff and heel flap for the first one and then put a stitch holder in so I could start the second sock.  I have 2 more stitch holders so when I finish the heel flap, I will put those in.  On Saturday, I am going to learn how to do the heel turn and gusset then start working on the feet.  My hope is that I will have enough done to finish both socks on the last class where we work with the Kitchener stitch to close the opening at the toes.  By the way these are for my oldest daughter.  She loves anklets.

And I started making my large felted purse.  I've wanted to make something like this for a long time and now I have such beautiful yarn to do it with.  I started working on this while waiting to learn socks and am working on it while the socks are waiting for me to learn the next step.  Here is my purse so far:


The outside yarn is Crystal Palace Yarns Chunky Mochi.  It is a dream to knit and goes so fast.  I love it.  The lighter color is Debbis Bliss Soho and is 100% wool whereas the Mochi has a little bit on nylon.  It has a rougher feel and needs a bit more effort since it goes thin to thick to thin.  I have Bernat Felting Wool in New Iris coming and it will be the third color I use for this.  I will be alternating colors and adding felted pockets to the inside.

Enjoy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails