Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Using Pencil Boxes to Organize Supplies

Every year at school supply season, a lot of places put these hard-sided pencil boxes on sale from .50 to $1 and sometimes you can pick them up used for 10 cents.  But so what? 

Well, these boxes are very handy for organizing and storing your school supplies.  I stock my girl's boxes but there are other things we need/use but they don't need to be in the big boxes.  Things like:

My sharpies, my markers, my colored pencils and the pastels.  I don't want the stuff that I use and keep nice mixed in with the supplies my girls use and abuse.  


Plus, we need a place to keep extra glue sticks and erasers, the gnomes & gems & pots for math, the stockmar crayons, brads & clips & such and then there is the master pencil & pen box so I can always find a pen or a sharp pencil.  These boxes are so handy for keeping all sorts of items.   But where do I keep them all?


They store nicely stacked up on a small shelf.  They don't take up much room and store a lot of stuff that would normally get lost in a drawer or closet.  So enjoy those pencil boxes, they are so useful.

3 comments:

Lynda said...

I use these for all our supplies too. Great post. Have a great day.

Wendy said...

This is a great idea. I use plastic baskets, and they work OK. But we would benefit from an even more organized system. I may have to scoop up several pencil boxes once I get settled in my new home! Thank you so much for sharing this.

CloseAcademy said...

With the boxes, you can take them anywhere with you, they close up and stack well.

I'm glad you all enjoyed this post.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails