Thursday, September 30, 2010

Second Grade Weekly Report

She had fun this week with the story about the desert and reading about camels.  For phonics, we did the fable "The Fox and the Grapes."  She drew this picture and showed how the first silent e rule works in the word grapes:
The e has an x over it because it can't talk but it is helping the a to say its name.  I don't know why I haven't had her do these sorts of pictures all along for the stories.

She learning about the naming part of a sentence this week.  This is one of the worksheets she did:

Her penmanship is getting better.  I am encouraging her to write more so that I don't have the problems that I am having with my older daughter and writing.

She also completed her lapbook on cats.
She really enjoyed making this lapbook.

In our 4-H club, my mom is coming in and working with the kids on quilting.  She will help the kids to make the quilt project.  This week they are working on practice blocks because we don't know what the exact requirements for the project this year will be.  Next time, they will start on their official block.  But here is a picture of my daughter's practice blocks so far:


I think that this week was a very good one for my second grader. 

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Great week! My DD learned to quilt last spring (in 3rd grade) and is working on a block each month with a hs art group. I think it's great that your DD is learning young, too!

Daisy said...

What a fun lapbook! My kids would love doing one on cats (we have two).

Tonia said...

Good week! The cat lapbook looks like fun!

Bright Sky Mom said...

Fun fabric for the practice quilt!
Lee (5wolfcubs)

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. My mom quilts a lot and she makes I-spy quilts with this fabric.

We enjoyed the cat lapbook as well. My dd loves cats and rabbits and especially horses.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails