Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recipe Binder

One thing that I find that makes meal-planning easier is to have my recipes organized.  If they are scattered hither and yon, I can't find the one I want.  So yesterday, I took time to go through all my recipes and organize them in a bigger binder. 

I actually have 2 binders:

Home-cooking/traditional recipes
Healthy everyday foods

The traditional binder is what we use on holidays and when we are wanting comfort foods.  The healthy binder is what we use for everyday.

My healthy binder is divided into sections:

poultry
beef/pork
fish
soups
veggie
snacks
shakes
breakfast

Within each binder, I made a main listing of recipes:
I also have a page for our healthy cookbooks with the title of the recipe and the page number so that I can easily find things.

The traditional/home cooking book is divided up like this:

main dish
side dish
candy
desserts
canning
bread

I find that by having these books organized that I can find things quickly and easily cutting my time down in the kitchen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails