Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Morning

A good back to school day.

I started out my morning by discovering knitting podcasts on Rockin' Granola.  This led to finding some great videos on knitting socks.  I really want to learn how to knit socks and mittens.  Thanks.

We started some new things this week:  Spanish, penmanship and seasonal poetry.  I put these together things in the middle of working with each child.  I think these went rather well.

My oldest got to start planning her trip across the US for Oak Meadow 5.  She decided to go from where we live to Disney World and back.  We mapped out a route of cities to visit.  Our next step is to send off for information.

My youngest and I talked about different ways humans communicate and how animals communicate.  She did a lot better at form drawing with the stick crayons. 

Overall, it was a good day.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

A positive and productive Monday is always such a great way to start a week. Seasonal poetry? We enjoy that too! I always go to the library in search of books of poetry for children, specific to the seasons or holidays. Have a great week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails