Friday, September 3, 2010

Listening to Steiner

Anyone familiar with Waldorf education knows that the man who created it is Rudolf Steiner.  He wrote a number of books and lectures and quite a few of them are about education including:  Kingdom of Childhood.  The link will take you to the online version of the book.  The audio is here all the way at the bottom of the page. 

This book is most often recommended to read when you are wanting to dig deeper in the whys of this method.  It is also very calming, reassuring and inspiring.  Last night, I listened to the first lecture in this book. 

What did I learn?

my pale child was taught too much too early
it is good that my children are noisy and active
that every 7 years we change our physical bodies and internally

What does this mean?

It means that my children are healthy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails