Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kingdom of Childhood--Lecture 3

I listened the the third lecture of Kingdom of Childhood by Rudolf Steiner last night while I worked out.  It was a good one.  He makes a joke in this one and I laughed out loud while I was working out.

Impressions:

Throw out the textbooks.
Do whole learning.
Teach botany through gardening and walking in the forest.
Don't be a grim serious teacher.  Laugh, make jokes, have fun.

I really enjoyed this lecture.  There was a lot more meat in there and it would be a good one to sit down and read or take notes.  He gives a lot of ideas on what to do with the curriculum.  He also has some stories on discipline that are helpful.

Great lecture.  Worth listening to or reading.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Now I definitely have to check out these lectures! Thank you for sharing these.

dkjsv05 said...

I love Kingdom of Childhood. Wait till you back back and listen a second time :). I think the having fun is the most important (and often forgotten)thing to a successful school year.

Happy Fall !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails