Thursday, September 2, 2010

Grade 2 Weekly Report

She had a nice week.  The theme of caring was good.  I cried a little at the end of


One of my tender spots is the elderly.  I was very close to my step-great grandma.  She taught me so much and I still miss her even though she's been gone for more than 20 years. 

My daughter found this book fun and easy to read:


She enjoyed the parts with rabbits and horses.

We also finished off our from source to product unit and completed the lapbook for A Coat for Anna:
It turned out very nice but a bit on the large side because the pieces were big.  She enjoyed this lapbook and we learned a little about World War II as well.

In phonics we did the sh sound and the rules about it.  We had some fun activities, too:
I found the file-folder game a few years ago and she did well even though she hasn't had much experience with the wh sound yet.  The puzzles I found here.

Math went well and she worked on subtraction within 10 and I introduced the 7's table.  She is also enjoying the calendar and weather activities.  I think we had a good week.

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Looks like you had a good week. Do you put your lapbooks into a notebook? I see three-hole punches on the sides so now I'm curious!

CloseAcademy said...

Yes, I cut the folders in half, 3-hole punch them and put them in a binder so that they are easier to store and look at.

I've tried other ways of doing it but this works the best for us. Each year she has a binder full of lapbooks to look at.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails