Sunday, September 5, 2010

Being Happy with the Kids You Have

I used to worry about my kids a lot.  They are different or at least they seemed so to me.  They are loud, active and they don't fit the mold of most homeschooled or even public schooled kids.  They are unique individuals with their own strengths and weaknesses.  They have distinct likes and dislikes.  And this is all a wonderful thing.

I try hard not to but I wasted a lot of time trying to shove my kids in those "perfect" kid molds in the hopes that other mothers wouldn't look down on me.  That I would be accepted into the group.  But that is just lying about life and who we are.

I want to be honest about who we are and let my family be themselves.  My oldest is loud, active, doesn't recognize personal space and is obsessed with TV and comics.  But she also loves animals, is gentle, giving and full of sunshine.

My youngest is shy around adults and loves horses.  She spends a lot of time outdoors running and playing but she is taking her time learning how to do schoolwork.  She is also a ray of sunshine.

So I am no longer trying to fit in.  We are going to be ourselves and not apologise for it anymore.  We are going to be honest and happy about it.  I love my kids for who they are. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails