Sunday, August 15, 2010

Who am I?

I've been thinking about this lately. When I go to Secular homeschoolers, I find that I am a bit too Christian to truly fit. But when I am with Christian homeschoolers, I find that I am not in the same place as they are. So I guess I balance the Christian and secular world within our homeschool which is not a bad place to be.

In my methods, I find the same thing. At the Well Trained Mind boards, I answer questions about Waldorf and Montessori more than I discuss classical education. But in Waldorf circles, we are more textbookish and traditional. And since I really only use Montessori materials, I don't quite enter into the conversation at all. So again we are balanced in methods.

Who am I?

I am balanced between Christian and secular, between Waldorf, Classical and Montessori methods. We are a balanced homeschool.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I think that you and I have a lot in common.

Best Wishes, Kara

Mama Rasheika said...

i feel the same~like i don't fit in anywhere~it is great to visit your blog and read that you ask yourself the same questions....

CloseAcademy said...

I actually think that we are a new breed of homeschoolers. Those who walk the line and balance rather than go to one extream or another.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails