Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's in the Box? Grade 2

Next week is looking to be a fun week and with the file system of organization things are coming together so nicely.  I can throw everything in the file that we might use and when the week comes up, I get to pick and choose what I think will work best.  so not everything get used.  Only the stuff that meets my daughter's needs for that week.

So here are our boxes for the week:

Review box:
I picked up the calender/clock set up at the local Lutheran school.  The teachers were cleaning out their classrooms and I got to go in and pick the things I wanted.  So every day we can review the date, times for events and concepts we are working on that week.

Reading/phonics box:
contractions and Saint George & the dragon
she will be reading--

It is an easy reader.  We also found a similar book called Keeping You Safe.  These go with the service theme of this week.

Main Lesson box:
community service and service animals is the theme
our read aloud--



Math box:
the 6's tables, star of David is our form drawing for the week

Lapbook box:
A New Coat for Anna continues with booklets on what they traded, seasons, and World War II

On Your Own box:
math--subtraction within 9
copywork--horses

I think it will be a fun week.  We would like to stop by the animal shelter as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails