Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekly Report: Fifth Grade

It was a week of attitude.  I can see that we are fast approaching fall.  The work that is ahead for her is not that heavy but requires more writing and long division so it may be a bit of a trial as we work our way toward the end of the year.  One more week and we get a week off for Labor day.  I think she will need it.

For composition she worked on making word clouds.  She made one on types of pets:

Her spelling activities went well.  The Scott Foresman grammar/composition activities get complained about but they are good for her and encourage her to write more.  She does enjoy the follow the directions activities I found for here.  This is the latest one:
She really liked doing this one since it was a write-on rabbit.

History was all about Texas and the Mexican-American war.  She learned about how weather happens in science and continued to work on addition and subtraction of fractions in math.

She is making progress in her work load.  Now let's just see the attitude change for the better again.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

LOL. 5th grade and attitude sure went together with my daughter last year. I thought I would never survive.

CloseAcademy said...

I figure we will work through it and it got better for a while but this week was not good.

Mandy in TN said...

Yeah, isn't just wonderful when a child tries to negotiate for less schoolwork. LOL It cracks me up.

Smrt Mama said...

5th grade is definitely an attitude thing. We've started calling our 5th grader "Book 5 Harry Potter" (or "Capslock Harry," because it reminds me of Harry's constant all-caps blow ups in that book. Oh puberty, lo do I see thee upon the horizon!

CloseAcademy said...

She was worse earlier this summer but yeah puberty is on the horizon and coming fast.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails