Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our School Room

Not Back to School Blog Hop

We have a room in the basement but it is dark, cut off from the rest of the house and it gets really cold once fall hits. So we do school in our living/dining room area which is also connected to the kitchen. It is a small 1950's style house but it works for us.


These are our workboxes which I keep in front of our bay window in the living room. Our rabbit and all of her trappings are also kept in this space.

This is our little bookshelf. As you can see it sits next to the TV and our rabbit has a litter box there because she likes to hang out in front of the TV. On this shelf, I keep our completed work binders and our boxes for school supplies. The three-ring punch normally sits out in front.


This is where we do school. The table is from my husband's childhood and we recently bought the chairs from a garage sale. They had awful velvet fabric on them that attracted cat and rabbit hair like crazy. My mom redid them with a nice Hawai'ian fabric and plastic covering for easy clean-up. As you can see my children like to decorate our walls with their artwork.

It would be nice to have a dedicated school room and I could have one but I would want something with a wall of windows, a closet and plenty of wall space. But I am happy with what we have.

2 comments:

Mama Rasheika said...

hello~just wanted to say i have been a fan of your blog for a while.
i also have done a bit of montessori, waldorf, and classical.
i am usually so stressed by the choices! and things i am not getting to. the past year i just stuck with classical. open an go.

can you talk more about how you combine the 3, yet stay on "track" without feeling overwhelmed?

thanks so much~
lisa

CloseAcademy said...

I'll post on this and explain how I combine the three into something that is doable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails