Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oak Meadow 6

We just received our copy or Oak Meadow 6.  I have the history/language arts and the life science books from 2002.  Our plan is to start these in January.

I've started writing up lesson plans (I will put them online but we are stretching this over 1 1/2 years).  And my initial impressions are:

history portion--solid, great topics, great project ideas
composition--strong, lots of writing projects
grammar--barely there, we will supplement this
science--awesome, there is so much here

I think that it will be a wonderful year with these materials and she will enjoy the project.  I also think that by the time January comes her writing will be up to speed for the writing projects.  I am impressed once again by Oak Meadow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails