Monday, August 16, 2010

Monday Morning

I am still loving my file folder system! Another week started off well because I was prepared. Who knew that being prepared and organized would make school go so much smoother?

It was a good start. My youngest liked the story of "A New Coat for Anna" and we started the lapbook. She also enjoyed reading about how crayons are made. We also discovered that the phonogram oo has a face with 3 expressions: happy "oo" sound with words like food, a hard a work "short u" sound in words like cook and a surprised "long O" sound in words like door.

My oldest got to start her day by picking a new book to read. She chose:


It will probably take her about a month to read going at the rate of 1 chapter a day/reading 4 days a week. She also started her reptile lapbook and enjoyed learning about how our state used to be the Northwest territory.

It was a nice start to the week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails