Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Morning: A Day in the Life

This week we are going to participate in the Not Back to School Blog Hop:  A Day in the Life.

Not Back to School Blog Hop

6:40--I woke up, poured myself a cup of water and went to release our rabbit from her cage.  She is acting funny this morning and has a mouthful of shredded newspaper & hay.  She drags her blanket in her cage and starts running all over the house.  Our cats are also acting crazy.  I ignore them and proceed to turn on the computer.

7:30--I am finished checking e-mail, and looking at homeschool forums.  My husband is up and reading the newspaper.  I am ready for breakfast and morning chores of emptying the dishwasher, making beds and setting up school for the day.

8:40--both girls are up and eating breakfast.  My oldest has had her computer time with Webkinz and Club Penguin.  My youngest is dressed.  My oldest will get dressed in the next few minutes and eat breakfast as well.  Right now she is rolling on the floor with her bunny.  I am going to spend the time before school working on lesson plans for OM6.

9:15--school begins.  I work with my oldest first.  We worked on a word cloud and learned about the Mexican-American war then I sent her off with her independent work.

9:35--I work with my youngest.  She read to me from Delivering the Mail by Ann Owens, learned about how contractions work and I read the book "Looking out for Sarah" by Glenna Lang.  I introduced the 6s tables.

10:10--My youngest was ready for her independent work and my oldest needed help finding antonyms for her grammar work.  I do my Monday morning post and clean up work from the day.  I also prep our library trip.  When they finish their work they can play until lunch time.

12:00 lunch time.  After lunch, they will gather up their library books and we will do some pick-up around the the house.

2:00  We go to the library.  I pick out books upstairs and then take them downstairs to the children's section to pick out books that they like.  I also pick out books they will need for their studies next week.  Some days we run errands during this time.

4:00 We take time to relax.  They watch TV and I read a book and start to prepare supper.

4:30 Supper time and clean-up, the girls will do their animal care chores as well.

5:30  My brother has a soccer game which we are going to watch today.

8:45  We will begin our bedtime routine.  Everyone will be in bed by 9 although we will often read until 10.

And that is a typical Monday in our house.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Sounds like a great day!
~Lily
www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails