Thursday, July 29, 2010

Weekly Report Fifth Grade

I did a lot of organizational work this week. I also made some things for the children to help them with organization.

This is my oldest daughter's "Order of Schoolwork" chart that I taped to her pencil box. I thought it would be nice for each child to know what order we do schoolwork in.

I've been making these checklists for my oldest daughter for a while now. I couldn't find anything that was already made so I made these. Each week I just change the work to be done and print it off. Two days print off on each page.


For grammar, she worked on subject/action/direct object sentence analysis. This page shows how we analyze the sentences.

She also started a mapping unit this week. She made a map of her dream room above. She also made a treasure map and one showing our route to the park.

For long multiplication, I have been using graph paper so that she has an easier time of keeping her numbers straight. She likes this method.


She also read Norse myths, wrote paragraphs on various topics, and learned about pollution. She made good progress this week and we are happy.

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I like the idea of having the order of schoolwork. It's on such pretty paper too!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. To make the paper, you just take a block crayon and shade it lightly over the words. I did my older daughter's in purple, then shaded each item in a different color of the rainbow.

Kash said...

Oh, thank you for that picture of your daughter's math work. I keep comparing my daughter's handwriting to *mine* and of course that's not a fair comparison.

And I second the comment that the order of schoolwork looks so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails