Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Putting the Year Together

I spent time this weekend putting our year together. I had already written up plans for Oak Meadow, math, language, etc. But I put it all together and added in the extras so I would have everything in one place.

Here is an example from our third grade material that we start in January:

Week 17/OM Lesson 17

Read-- (left blank to add title of book she is reading)

Language arts:
Joseph & His Coat of Many Colors (story)
adjectives
http://naturenest.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/our-3rd-grade-fiber-block/
fiber/shelter of self ideas

Spelling:
color, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, white, gray, brown

Math:
multiplication with regrouping
http://naturenest.wordpress.com/2010/04/02/our-lessons-old-testament-and-math-houses/
math house idea

Social Studies:
mapping block--day 7
paper marbling--cover for book of maps which we bind the next week.

Science:
trees
4-H forestry project

Basically, I started with OM, found things to expand it on the Internet and then linked in 4-H projects that would go with whatever we were studying. I was able to link in forestry, soil & water, weather, creative writing, arts & crafts, and cooking 4-H projects to 3rd grade. I found many wonderful resources on Our Nature Nest blog to enrich and enliven our lessons.

For her OM2 material that we will use through December, I found some things on Our Nature Nest, linked in 4-H projects on wildlife, and went through and matched up file-folder games to the material we are covering.

I also went through our OM5 material and linked up 4-H projects and put together her plans and such.

The next year feels good, centered and calm. I think we will have a lot of fun. It is nice to know when we have projects, handwork, where extra stories and ideas fit in and basically to have everything in order so that I can just pull out our plans each week and be ready to go. We just have to add in math workbooks and lapbooks.

Hope everyone else is enjoying summer planning and I hope you find plenty of inspiration to make it a wonderful year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails