Friday, June 25, 2010

Weekly Report June 25, 2010

Another good week. I love this time of year when everything seems to be clicking academically with the children. Their brains are open and they are ready and willing to learn. I love it and it makes homeschooling so great.

Highlights for the week:

1. I listened to the podcasts on teaching grades 1-8 on the Waldorf connection and I feel so inspired and at peace with the direction we are moving in our homeschool. This way of teaching the child holistically where they are at and meeting their needs internally, spiritually as well as mentally is pretty wonderful.

2. My youngest loved the stories from A Little Garden A Journey Through Math. She likes working with the gnomes for math and even had the little red division gnome help her with her addition facts when she was working on her own.

3. My oldest put her heart into her work for the first time in a long time when I had her draw pictures of Ptolemy's theory and Copernicus' theory of the layout of the solar system. It gave me joy.

4. My youngest asked to learn how to do "fancy writing" and so I made her a practice book for cursive. She has been working hard in the book on her own and is starting to form some of the letters well.

5. When my oldest was having trouble with converting fractions to decimals I made her a new place value rainbow that showed decimals/partials as a partial reflection of the normal place value rainbow.

6. My youngest loved learning about the weaver ants and we made a little nest out of leaves.

It was a wonderful week. We had a lot of fun and I can see the joy of learning coming back into our home. How was your week?

1 comment:

Moonbeam said...

It sounds like you had a lovely week. We learned about Ptolemy vs. Copernicus last week during a Galileo weekend at the local planetarium.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails