Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What Method Do You Use?

A similar question came up on a homeschooling board that I frequent. Someone was wondering about various methods and how to tell what type of homeschooler they were. So I thought it would be a good idea to clarify what methods we use:

structure/what we teach--Classical

I am a little off-track right now. We are doing a survey of American history rather than ancient history this year and we are not on-track with Latin. But most often I try to follow the Latin Centered Curriculum tenet of "less is more."

how we teach--Waldorf, Montessori and lapbooks

Waldorf methods of teaching appeal to my visual spatial learner. Montessori materials draw my hands-on learner into the learning experience. Lapbooks and notebooks just enrich what we do.

how we organize--workboxes

We use workboxes to help organize our materials so that everything is together when we need it.

I consider our homeschool to be mainly Classical but with Waldorf/Montessori influences and organized by workboxes. What's your method?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails