Thursday, April 8, 2010

Weekly Report April 9, 2010

It was a good week. I think we made a lot of progress and I am happy with the results. Spring has come and everyone is feeling less sluggish and I am seeing the results in their schoolwork.

My youngest did well this week. She read a book about the Nile, did well at subtraction within 40, and started lapbooks on Camels and the Sahara desert. The Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt notebooking project is coming along but little is know of some many of the earliest kings.

My oldest composed sentences on her own and then typed them up. I was very happy to see her making progress in writing. I think that by the end of the year she should be able to do the written work in Oak Meadow. We spent quite a bit of time getting our 4-H stuff together in preparation to work on projects. The Wildlife project will be a great one to go with what we are learning about in OM science--habitats, wildlife, food chains, etc. We are also back on track in Singapore Math. We worked on lines this past week and will do area next week. The review work in Rod and Staff has helped a lot.

I am happy with the week. We also had a visit to the library and 4-H. How was your week?

5 comments:

Merry said...

Hi,
I see you did a lot this week. I wanted to ask more about Oak Meadow. Do tell more!

Blessings,
Karen aka Testimony on WTM
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Daisy said...

I love to hear folks who are using Singapore Math and R&S successfully. I've decided to go back to doing the same with my daughter. She needs the additional practice in R&S.

I'm glad you are enjoying Oak Meadow. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Karen said...

That sounds like a terrific week. Maybe I could learn to follow directions.

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks all.

We use Singapore as our main program and work through it while using Rod and Staff for review work. I don't try to line up the two but have them work in their own way.

Tonia said...

Looks like a nice week! We've been enjoying the spring weather too - it's nice to get outside in the sunshine.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails