Thursday, April 22, 2010

Weekly Report April 22, 2010

We are winding things down for the year just as everything is really starting to click for my girls. My youngest is getting better at reading and the math is starting to make sense for her. My oldest is getting good at doing math and working on her own.

But it is time for our summer break. Next week we will be doing our last week of real work and then we will be finishing things up for the year. I am happy with the progress that we have made over the last year and where my girls are at academically.

We do have a lot of progress to make next year but I think we can work hard and get to where we need to be. Homeschooling is not all easy sailing, not just cuddling on the couch and reading good books. Homeschooling is a lot of hard work and planning. There are ups and downs. There are times when you think that you will never be able to move on in a skill area and times when you think your kid might be the next Einstein because they are moving so fast.

Homeschooling is a journey and an adventure. We've had a fun ride this past year and I am looking forward to the ride next year. What about you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not had time to fully reflex on my year yet. I have been so busy. We have a few concets coming up next month.

Blessings in your homeschooling journey!

Sincerely,
Karen
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

Kash said...

So true about the hard work and planning (as well as the ups and downs!). Like you, I can see my dd's brain clicking up another level, but we're ready for our summer break in just a few weeks!

WildIris said...

What I like about your post is the positive reflection you left us readers with. I am such a pessimist; I am always seeing what we didn't do rather than what we did do. Thanks for reminding me to look at the sunny side. It sounds as though you had a good year.

Iris

Norah said...

Love your thoughts. I agree homeschooling is not always easy but the good days far make up for the bad days. I love watching my kids "get" something and the thrill they get from it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails