Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weekly Report April 1, 2010

We had a great day on both Monday and Wednesday, Tuesday was OK and Thursday we crashed and burned. Yes, the week started out well but ended up in flames. But the damage was not too bad since we did so well earlier in the week.

Basically, my oldest woke up in a bad mood and both of my children seemed to have left their brains elsewhere because they were not there when we worked this morning. The damage: my oldest has to redo her spelling test on Monday and she didn't do her lapbook today. My youngest did not read aloud to me or listen to Peeps in Egypt. Not too bad.

So what were the positives from the week?

my youngest understood subtraction within 40 when using an abacus
my youngest did subtraction within 20 partly in her head
my oldest wrote two sentences using word banks
my oldest finished her lapbook on dolphins
we finished the paper mummy project
my children were the only ones who did not wander away from the art lesson in 4-H this week.
we may be joining a Lego robotics team

So it was a good week. I think a lot of today's problems were due to:

1. It is beautiful outside.
2. Today is April Fools Day.
3. On Good Friday they are going to a special presentation at church with my mom.
4. Sunday is Easter and the Easter bunny is coming.

That is a lot of stress and diversion for children. I also think that it is time for us to move school back to the basement classroom where there are fewer distractions and we can concentrate better. The living room is just full of distractions.

Hope your week was good.

5 comments:

Kel said...

Sounds like you had a good week despite the "loss of brains" later in the week. I know how those days can go. We haven't had one in a while so I know it's coming.

Tonia said...

I think it must be going around! It seemed like dd's brain oozed out her ear today - she couldn't remember anything. At least next week starts with a clean slate!

Wendy said...

Oh, I know how that is. Although the brain-leavings seem to happen more with the adults in this house than the child. LOL

Hope you have a great weekend!

Moonbeam said...

Great job focusing on the positive and realizing that one bad day doesn't make a bad week.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great week!
Hope you had a good Easter!

Sincerely,
Karen aka Testimony on WTM boards
www.homeschoolblogger.com/testimony

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails