Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Afternoon

My girls spent the night with my mom Saturday and stayed up all night so school got a real slow start today. It was almost 10:30 by the time they were awake, dressed and fed.

I spent most of the weekend working on typing up how I teach the Spell to Write and Read phonogams to teach reading and how I link the phonograms to the Waldorf developmentally appropriate stories. I also spent time updating my lesson plans for the second quarter.

This morning with my oldest we started a new grammar unit on adverbs, we also learned about conservation and the difference between area and perimeter. She now wants to help save the marsh rabbit. They are endangered because too much land is being developed. On her own she worked on division, wrote sentences about food and learned about the steam engine.

I started working with my youngest with phonograms again. The word families just weren't working for her. I have linked up the phonograms with Aesop's Fables by Milo Winter. This is my favorite version of the stories. We are also reading a page of poems each day from "A Child's Garden of Verse." She really likes the poems and their dreamy quality.

For math we are doing review work in Singapore and working on 12, 6, 6 in Rod and Staff. She is enjoying the lapbooks on camels and the Sahara as well as our study of the pharaohs of Egypt.

I think we will have a good week. We have the library today, Lego robotics on Wednesday and playgroup on Friday. That should give us plenty of time at home to enjoy the weather as well as time away to do fun things.

How was your Monday morning?

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Your preparation and planning just leaves me speechless. You put so much effort into it, and I definitely need to be better about it myself!

It sounds like you had a very nice Monday. Ours was mostly spent outdoors (the PS children have spring break this week), but we did get some work done.

Now we're looking at a sunny, but cooler, Tuesday. Brrr... :)

CloseAcademy said...

I was a legal secretary before becoming a mom so I love organization and planning. Lol.

Our weather seems to be simliar to yours and its been warm to hot for a few days and then cold again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails