Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weekly Report March 18, 2010

Spring break for us this week. Normally we do not take spring break but we are doing fine on our number of days, we needed a break and things just sort of worked out that way. So what did we do this week?

Monday
The girls swam until noon after an overnight at an indoor water park with Grandma. Then we went to the local science museum for a playdate with two other families and did a science experiment. We also went to the library.

Tuesday
We stayed home, did some reading and fun math. We also watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." It was an OK movie. We also watched "the Biggest Loser" as a family. That has been our Tuesday night tradition this winter. We are all hooked on it.

Wednesday
We went to my Dad's and played Wii. My dad also went through my brother's bookshelves and pulled out some books for us. I got back my copy of an old Latin text. My oldest daughter got "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" which she read in a night and is now wanting to go back and get the other books my brother has. And my youngest daughter got to bring home Usborne's Ancient Egypt. Fun day.

Thursday
Stayed home and cleaned house. We did laundry, cleaned litterboxes and got things looking nice for the weekend.

Friday
It's not here yet but hopefully we will be able to have play group in the park. It has been beautiful weather all week and my girls have spent most of their waking hours outdoors playing.

It was a good week and we had some nice downtime and even a little progress. Monday I was trying to get my oldest to expand her horizons beyond graphic novels and she read "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" in a night. How was your week?

5 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a good week. We took spring break this week, too, because mom really needed it!

Diana said...

What a great break week! We took a break too, the weather was just too nice to force the kids inside! :)

Daisy said...

A wonderful week!! I desperately need Spring Break. One more week to go.

We don't have indoor swimming pools here so I'm always amazed when I read about one.

Karen said...

that sounds like a perfect break. much better to take one when you need it.

Moonbeam said...

What a fun filled week y'all had. A little break after working so hard is a good thing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails