Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weekly Report March 11, 2010

We made progress but had struggles. The work is getting more challenging but we are still moving forward. I have been happy with this week.

Second grade:

We have finished up as much of the lapbook on Antarctica as she could do and are putting it all away in her binder. We have also come to a point in the study of Ancient Egypt where I don't have any more timeline or lapbook ideas left. So we are just listening to stories and making projects. My daughter does have some copywork on Ancient Egypt.

We made the mummy cat and she has been sleeping with it. We also finished up the outer coffin of the model mummy. Next week we will start working on the inner coffin.

She is making progress in math. She has her 2's table down and I think she will finally be able to get the concept of doubles in math. We finished up the unit 2 workbook in Rod and Staff Math and I think she is doing OK with the math facts for 11.

Reading is also going well. We just keep at it.

Fourth grade:

She has been challenged greatly this week. I started working with her in the Challenging Word Problems book for math. We have only been able to do about 1 problem per day and she is struggling to understand how to solve the problems. We are just going to work through this.

I also challenged her in spelling. In addition to the easier worksheets, I gave her some asking her which words used certain phonograms or made certain sounds. She didn't like that. The lapbook on dolphins has also challenged her in that she has had to hunt harder for answers.

Otherwise, everything else has gone well with her.

Overall it has been a good but challenging week. They have enjoyed being able to play outside each day in the beautiful weather. How was your week?

7 comments:

Kash said...

Sounds like a good week!

Daisy said...

Challenge is good for us, and we rarely like it. LOL. My daughter had a bit of that this week also.

Spring is here! Enjoy that beautiful weather.

Faith said...

Sounds like you had a good week!

I am just about to attempt my first lapbook and am completely intimidated for some reason!

Moonbeam said...

It's good to be able to challenge your children without overwhelming them. It sounds like you did it well.

WildIris said...

Are you using Singapore challenging Word Problems? If so those are soooo hard. I got a book to explain how to solve them since there wasn't enough information from the text for me to help my DD.

A mummy cat.....interesting.

Sounds like the challenging week was good.

cyn said...

Sounds like a very productive week! The mummy cat sounds great! My dd would have loved to have made one!

Amy said...

Sounds like a great week! I'm sure it takes much patience to help them through the "challenges"! Just keep at it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails