Thursday, February 25, 2010

Weekly Report February 25, 2010

This week despite the new addition turned into a bit of a light-weight week. Between staying up too late to watch the Discovery channel's presentation of the new discoveries about King Tut and finishing up units we just had sort of short school days.

The highlights:

Discovery Channel's King Tut special in which we learned through DNA who his father, grandparents, the mummy of his mom, how he died and that he had a baby that didn't make it to term. Very interesting. The girls loved watching it.

Finishing up the Rabbit lapbook. It is done, all put together and in the binder. When we started this project I didn't think that it would take two months to complete but she learned a lot and gained quite a bit of confidence in her writing and reading skills.

Lively Latin review has revealed that she forgot everything. I mean everything even that nouns have gender. But she is picking it back up again rather quickly through writing out the declensions of nouns. Today she remembered most of the endings without looking for the 1st declension.

I found this on a bookshelf:



I didn't realize I had it but I started cutting it out and putting it together for my daughter to enhance her study of ancient Egypt. It is a lot of work but it will be really neat when it is done.

Overall, we had a good week. They are learning and making progress. I was happy with what we did even though things like copywork didn't get done. How was your week?

5 comments:

Wendy Hawksley said...

I'm jealous! How I miss the Discovery Channel (and History and so many others)! It sounds like a great week.

We enjoyed the spring weather here. :)

Wee Pip said...

Oh I'm bummed I missed the King Tut show! I'll keep my eyes open for a rerun. We watched the one on Queen Hatshepsut's mummy, and the girls didn't sleep well that night, lol! Great week, and I love the What's in the box post, too!

Daisy said...

Would have loved to watch that program! Maybe Netflix will get it eventually.

Cutting out the Egyptian Mummy looks like fun!

Moonbeam said...

We'll have to watch for the Tut special too. We enjoyed ancient Egypt so much.

MissMOE said...

I'll have to look for that Discovery Special. My kids were enthralled with King Tut. Thanks for sharing your week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails