Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weekly Report February 11, 2010

This week was mixed. We had some good and some bad. Both of my girls had coughs and had a hard time concentrating. That was the bad.

The good:

I found that flipping our order of schoolwork gave us better results overall. I've started working with my oldest first and she is more focused and does a better job then she has plenty of time to work on her independent work. This also gives my youngest (who likes to taker her time) more time to get ready for school and she is able to do a good job.

My youngest surprised me today and was able to do addition in her head. Yes! She also did excellent at reading. I also discovered that she writes her sentences better if she puts in a spacer between words. We are using hearts for spacers.

We did miss our Post Office Field trip due to the weather and illness but it is rescheduled for next week. Our time at the children's museum was fun and they learned all about simple machines. There was just three other families so it was small.

Litter training our rabbit is also coming along OK. I've got numerous litter boxes stashed around for her to use and have surrounded them with newspaper. She is getting about 80% of wet on the paper and 60% of her pellets. So I am hopeful that after another couple of weeks of working with her that we can get her litter trained.

Overall, I am happy with this week even though on Tuesday and Wednesday, I was ready to scrap the whole week due to illness. Today was a triumph after a week of blah. How was your week?

5 comments:

Kash said...

Sounds like you managed to have a decent week despite being sick!

I am impressed that you are litter training your rabbit.

Heather said...

Litter trained rabbits... wow. I didn't know you could do that. Sounds like alot more work than the tadpoles that joined our home this week. Of course we have 4 cats so that makes up for it.

hope you are all feeling better.

homemama said...

Sounds like a good week! We had a litter trained rabbit as a kid. Once they get trained, they're wonderful. :)

MissMOE said...

I like the idea of a pet rabbit--I'll be following your adventure to see how it goes. Seems like a lot of sickness is going around this week--get healthy this weekend.

CloseAcademy said...

I think everyone is finally starting to get over this cold. I think next week will be much better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails