Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Jane Austen

I've been watching the movie adaptations of her books on PBS's Masterpiece Theater. They are a lot of fun. The Regency period of England is probably my most favorite of all periods of history. There was just so much going on and it was a fun period.

I read all of Jane Austen's books in the early 1990's during the Jane Austen craze when they turned several of her books into movies. And in celebration of the latest PBS airing of their adaptations of her books, I thought I would ask you to comment and post the answer to the question:

What is your favorite Jane Austen Novel?

Here is a list of her written work:

Sense and Sensibility
Pride and Prejudice
Mansfield Park
Emma
Northanger Abby
Persuasion
Lady Susan (short story)
The Watsons (unfinished)
Sanditon (unfinished)
Juvenilia (collected works written in her youth)

My favorite is Northanger Abby. Just for fun. Which one is yours?

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I LOVE Jane Austen. "Northanger Abbey" and "Persuasian" are my favorites!

I have tons of the movie adaptions; a gazillion versions of Emma, for example. Each has its own merits. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails