Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's in the box?

I'm not really using physical workboxes right now. I didn't get the cart I wanted and I really had to consolidate things so that we could do school in the warmer living room during the winter months. When we are back downstairs when the weather warms, I will bring back the boxes.

But I still group things boxwise in my schedules. And here is what is coming up for next week:

Box 1--Reading: Second grade--Little Bear, words that rhyme with ill, ip, it, og and ot. She will also create a sentence to copy and illustrate using these word lists.
Fourth grade--Sarah Morton's Day and what ever else she wants to read.

Box 2--Math: Second grade--graphs in Singapore math, working on review of addition within 10.
Fourth grade--review from Rod and Staff of multiplication and division with 6, Life of Fred lessons 4 and 5. We may do the first bridge lesson as well.

Box 3--Lapbooks: Second grade--for horses she will be looking at diet, life cycle, breeds and blood types. For Egypt she will be doing her name in hieroglyphics, learning about mummies, funerals and the tomb.
Fourth grade--she will be learning about rabbit anatomy.

Box 4--Read Aloud: We will read the next four Jolly Robin tales, If You Sailed on the Mayflower and we will finish The Ersatz Elevator and start The Vile Village.

Fourth grade boxes

Box 5--Spelling: List I-4 which includes activities on the prefix un, comparative words, and homophones.

Box 6--History: Jamestown and she will make a diorama
Science: the metric system

I think it will be a good week. So what's in your boxes?

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I'll have to look for "If You Sailed on the Mayflower", partially because we are getting into the Renaisannce, and the pilgrims of course are contemporous with that. And also because we have many Mayflower ancestors, so it would dovetail well with some genealogical discussion.

CloseAcademy said...

That sounds like fun. We had an ancestor at Jamestown on one of the later charters.

Our Westmoreland School said...

Jamestown is such a fun one to cover. Are you going to go see it? It's pretty incredible. Even without a visit, though, there's so many interesting stories about that time.

CloseAcademy said...

We live too far away for a quick trip to Jamestown so we probably won't see it any time soon.

I do have a printout to make our own model of Jamestown. We may do that.

Liza Q said...

I am so not a lapbook or box-ish Mom but your week looks wonderful to me!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails