Friday, January 1, 2010

What's in the box? Second Grade

Second grade is together for next week. I am still working on 4th. My second grader will be starting her Oak Meadow curriculum Monday. I am waiting on my Oak Meadow 5 stuff and will start my oldest when it comes in. So what are we doing for second grade?

Box 1--Everyone Read Aloud: The Ersatz Elevator by Lemony Snickett

Box 2--Main Lesson: Jolly Robin Stories (we will read the first 6 chapters), making and dividing 12, and then twice we will do pictures and she will copy sentences about Jolly Robin.

Box 3--Reading: rhyming words review (I think we will make a little dictionary of blends and rhymes), she will also read "What's That Mittens" and the first story from Ben and Meg

Box 4--Math: Lessons 31-34 in Rod and Staff 2 on subtraction within 8 and 9.

Box 5--Other: nothing this week.

Box 6--Get Creative: we are supposed to start crocheting a scarf and working on learning the recorder. We will see how this goes.

I am excited and I think that she will enjoy this. After looking over Oak Meadow, it is what I have been trying to do on my own all these years. Once we get into things, I think that we will add the occasional lapbook where appropriate.

2 comments:

Umm Khadijah said...

I've been reading about the workbox method on a couple of blogs now, including yours, it sounds interesting and maybe something I would consider trying.

I enjoy reading your 'what's in the box' posts :)

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks. I'm glad you enjoy my workbox posts. Workboxing is a nice way to organize your stuff for school.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails