Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Morning

We got a good start to the week. My oldest finished up her book over the weekend. My youngest read more of the Animal Friends reader.

We started working on numbers to 40 with my youngest. She didn't like it. But I think that we will get through this. I also think that I need to add Rod and Staff back in. My oldest worked on division, Life of Fred the first bridge (we will do bridge work all week) and some word problems from Singapore 2b that she never did.

Our lapbooks are coming along fine and I finished reading Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt to my youngest. We read more about Jolly Robin and the headless white man (a snowman who got his head knocked off) and read a chapter of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Then my oldest and I worked on spelling. She did pages on ew and ed. And then we worked with verbs and how they show action.

I think we are making progress. How was your Monday morning?

2 comments:

Our Westmoreland School said...

The morning was wasted with errands, but the afternoon went really well :)

Good Mondays are always such a welcome surprise.

CloseAcademy said...

Yes, they are. I've had quite a few bad Mondays and they often set the tone for the whole week. I like good ones.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails