Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Morning

We got a nice slow start to Monday. We started with reading. My youngest read "Follow Me, Mittens." Then we worked on reviewing word families. Then we did our main lesson on ways to make 12. We also reviewed subtraction math facts within 8 and started working on our horse lapbook.

My oldest read to herself, did some multiplication problems and copywork. Then they listened while I read "The Tale of Jolly Robin" and a chapter from "The Ersatz Elevator." After I checked my oldest work in math and helped her get started on her rabbit lapbook.

I think the second grade Oak Meadow is going to be a nice fit for my youngest. We may take a couple of weeks to do the first lesson so that we can go through all the word families and then we won't have to read more than one Jolly Robin story per day. We'll see.

I hope that you have a good week.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

A slow start after some time off is always a nice way to get into the new week and the new year. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails