Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Making up My Mind for Fifth Grade

As you know, I've been working on my homeschool budget for next year and have been trying to make up my mind as to what I want to use. After a talk with my husband last night which always helps me to figure things out when I'm not sure what to do. I've decided that we are going to have her do the Oak Meadow 5th grade package. She will still have Singapore math and when she is ready I will add the Lively Latin back in but for everything else it will be Oak Meadow.

For the last year or so I haven't felt like I have been really meeting my older daughter's needs and I think that something like this will give her Independence, challenge her but is still flexible enough with the assignments not to make her really struggle. So I feel good about the choice. I had wanted to start with ancient history next year but both my daughter and my husband felt like the American history was a good choice.

I am still contemplating using the 2nd grade curriculum with my youngest. If I find a good version used we may make the switch for her as well.

We are still going to lapbook, do Latin, use Singapore Math, Spell to Write and Read and use workboxes to organize things. We will still have our Montessori materials and our file folder games to enhance things but I think we really need the added structure of a boxed curriculum.

1 comment:

homeschooling6 said...

We are considering using Oak Meadow 5th grade too. I already bought the English/History & Science. Looks really good. I love the looks of the writing assignments.

Blessings,
Linda<><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails