Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekly Report November 19, 2009

We had a good week until this morning. For some reason my younger daughter is refusing to do schoolwork on Thursdays. I am ready to follow through on my ultimatum to her. She either needs to take her schoolwork seriously and try to do it or we will send her to school in January.

So here is how things went this week:

Reading--my second grader did well and she is making progress in reading. My fourth grader is still reading the Mark Crilley books.

Math--Second grade: wrapped up our review work of subtraction within 7 and are now starting work on addition within 8. We are using the Rod and Staff second grade workbooks for this.
Fourth grade: She is working on multiplication facts out of the Rod and Staff 4th grade book.

Spelling--We finished up list H and my oldest did very well with spelling the words. They both did well with the worksheets I made.

Poetry--The poetry lapbook was fun. They did a lot of work with syllables this week and wrote a few cute poems.

Read Aloud--Laura and Mary are on a break again since I got a copy of The Austere Academy by Lemony Snicket. They enjoy these books so much.

How was your week?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

We had a fun week. Your week looks very, very good! The poetry lapbook must have been a lot of fun.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails