Friday, October 23, 2009

Thinking About November

I can't believe that it is about time to start winding things down for the end of the year. I've been thinking about what to do for the month of November and December. Normally, by this time of the year we are starting to get burned out and there are a lot of outside activities going on. So we are looking at doing a lighter workload that includes more fun for November. This is what I am thinking of doing:

Read Aloud--continue with the Lemony Snicket books.

Grammar--we were supposed to do verbs but I think we will wait and do those in January and instead do the Hands of a Child lapbook "Preparing for Poetry." I signed up for my supermembership just in time to get this one.

Math--2nd grade: addition within 20 and finish up the work in 1a and maybe begin 1b.
4th grade: review multiplication facts and finish up 4a.

Spelling--Lists H2 and I1

History--What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge and a study of Victorian daily life from 1860-1920. We may talk a little about WWI.

Science: Animals of the movie "Madagascar." We will be doing lapbooks on zebras, lions, giraffes and possibly hippos.

For December our school will wind down for vacation and will consist of math, "The Polar Express" lapbook and a lapbook on "Antarctica," plus our read aloud.

I can't believe that the end of the year is coming so quickly. January is right around the corner with a whole new world to explore and discover. We will see what we are going to learn about when it comes time.

So how do you end the year? With a big push, a light trickle, or a slow, lazy dropping of subjects until you give up and just enjoy the holiday madness?

1 comment:

Daisy said...

It sounds like you are going to have so much fun. I love looking at lapbooks. I'm just not so great at doing them. :-) We use Singapore Math also.

I haven't ever really looked in Time Traveler History. It sounds so interesting.

We usually just keep plodding along through Nov./Dec. We hit the doldrums in Jan. That will be in I take a break.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails