Monday, October 12, 2009

My Husband Spoiled Me This Weekend

Before I had children, I was quite into fashion and even majored in fashion merchandising for a semester. I loved Glamour, W, Elle, and all the glossy magazines that featured haute couture. Shopping for clothing was a hobby and I was a clotheshorse.

But when the children came, I settled into comfortable, stain-proof clothes. I was a mom and dressed like I was ready for anything the children threw at me. Including being a human handkerchief.

But I love pretty things and now the children are older and I don't want to look frumpy any more. Some of my friends say that I have hippie look down. But I've been depressed about my looks lately and my wonderful husband took me shopping.

During the last few years it has been hard to find things that I liked to wear. But this weekend I was able to find 2 great dresses, 2 t-shirts, 2 1/2 sleeve shirts and 3 long sleeve tops and a set of pajamas that make me feel good.

Now that I am feeling good, I can take the next step and start treating my body better. Exercise, healthy food and I need to get my hair done again. Wow! What a good shopping trip can do for your mood.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails