Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday Afternoon

This morning was followed up by a good afternoon. I was able to get a few Monday chores done before we left for the library where we were able to pick up the Planet Earth DVD on Jungles that I have been wanting. Yeah!

We followed up the library by a trip to the locally owned bookstore to pick up a copy of:




"The Evolution of the Horse" coloring book is filled with all kinds of neat pictures of extinct horses. My youngest daughter loves this book.

After, we went to the local children's museum to do experiments with force and motion. It was a lot of fun. Then we went out to the soda fountain for:

a scoop of strawberry ice cream
a chocolate malt
a cherry ice cream soda

Yum! Old fashioned ice cream sodas are heavenly. They take the syrup and ice cream and blend them together, add carbonated soda water and then a scoop of ice cream and top it all off with whipped cream and a cherry on top.

I think that it was a nice Monday for an adventure. The next time we go, they've decided to stick to sodas and get candy instead of ice cream but I'll believe it when I see it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails