Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Columbia

So we have the chance to go next spring. I guess Columbia is not what it used to be. It is now considered safe and fun and I guess they have good food.

Right now, we are just starting to think about it. My husband has a friend who owns a house down there and I just sort of joked about going and before I knew it we were invited to go with them and stay at their house. The house is in Barranquilla which is a nice coastal town on the Caribbean side.

We would be about an hour from Cartegena. You know the port city from "Romancing the Stone." That was one of my all time favorite movies. I guess there are pretty beaches in Cartegena as well as an inquisition museum. And Anthony Bourdain went this past year and he showed off the awesome open-air food market there.

So we are thinking about going. Just thought I would share.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails