Monday, August 31, 2009

Library Day

Today was library day. I've been researching Montessori methods heavily lately as I am looking for more hands-on things that I can do with my children and include in the workboxes. So I checked out all the books my library had on the shelves about Montessori Education.

I think Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock will be a real gem. It has pictures, instructions on making manipulatives and ideas on using them to teach for math and language arts.

For the children, we got our read aloud--A Series of Unfortunate Events volume 2. I got a book on fossils that has great pictures so we can identify the fossils in our fossil box. And I picked up a couple of fun books on working with fractions.

So how was your last library trip?

1 comment:

Wendy Hawksley said...

Our libary is woefully inadequate. But the Air Base on which we live is not a typical family assignment.

That said, I did manage to find several books for our ancient history studies this year.

I just wish they had more on homeschooling and education. :(

Maybe if I search "Montessori" in the catalog, I'll find something...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails