Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day in the New School Room

I think it will be a great space eventually but my oldest woke up grumpy so the day did not start all butterflies and happiness like I was day dreaming it would.

They like the new space and having desks to keep their stuff on. I think they enjoyed the task cards and activities. My oldest did not like the online math site I put her on to begin her day and that kind of cast a pall over things.

But by the end of everything every one was happy and cheerful and we got our work done rather quickly and did have fun.

The basement is a bit dark yet. My oldest said "it's like doing school at night time." So we are going to have to buy some lights for down there to brighten things up. But it is so nice to have everything together in one spot so it is easy to find and use.

2 comments:

Wendy Hawksley said...

Grumpy starts are always a toughie. But everyone managed to have fun... What's your secret?

CloseAcademy said...

I just keep going on. Actually, I sent her off to read by herself and she was better. And the fun stuff is at the end of the day so everyone is usually in the grove by then.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails