Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 10-13 Weekly Report

Our first week of playing with workboxes is finished. It went well. I like the fact that everything is in my box and I don't have to search for what we need to do school. But I still need to work on making it work for us.

1. I needed to by contact paper to finish laminating the numbers and the chore charts I made.

2. I need to have more independent activities for my oldest to do when her math needs to wait until the end of the day.

3. The solar system lapbook from homeschoolshare is like a month-long project not a 2 week project.

4. They like Time Traveler's history and the fact that it is not just about war and death but also about building.

OK, here is where we are and what we accomplished this week:

Read Aloud--On the Shores of Plum Creek w/lapbook pieces from homeschoolshare.com We have read six chapters.

Grammar(2nd grade)--Mine, All Mine by Ruth Heller We notebooked personal pronouns

Latin--Lively Latin vocab games on Quia and listened to the CD to review sounds of the words.

Math (2nd grade)-- Notebooked 1/4 and counting by 5's, worked on addition and subtraction within 10 in Singapore 1a

Math (4th grade)--Singapore 4a mixed and improper fractions

Spell to Write and Read--notebooked sounds of u, syllables, vowels at the end of a syllable and double letters

Time Travler History--Louis and Clark and inventors

Science--Moon, Sun and Stars (we did not finish the lapbook but hope to work on it before next week when we start with Newton)

It was a busy week and we things went well.

5 comments:

Wendy Hawksley said...

I'm so jealous of how much you have accomplished this week! I'm still trying to sort it all out and - eek - write my own history curriculum.

Awesome job!!!

Michele said...

Looks good! We did Lewis and Clark this summer - very interesting! I am now headed to homeschool share to look up the Plum Creek lapbook! Thanks!

Paige said...

Looks like a great week, thanks for sharing!

CloseAcademy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you had a great week as well.

Mom said...

What a great week! I am interested in workboxes, thanks for posting the links.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails