Monday, June 22, 2009

Modern History

As I started researching Story of the World 4, I have heard that it is full of nothing but war or mostly war. We are sick of all the war and death in Story of the World 3. I can not find anything that I like better than Story of the World though so I decided to make some changes.

Since we just did the American Revolution, and I had wanted to do a president/state study, I have decided to arrange our history lessons around presidential terms.

For example, we would look at the years that Andrew Jackson was in office. We would read the sections in Story of the World on Nat Turner, Abolition, the Alamo, the Zulu and the Boers. We would also take a close loo at Arkansas and Michigan which became states during that time.

So basically, we will pick 1-3 presidents spanning 4 to 12 years. We will learn about the president, the states that became states and the world events of that period. We would still use Story of the World 3 and 4 but we would also focus on more of the positive of the times rather than on all the negatives.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Momof4 said...

Sounds like a great plan!!! Keep an update on how it goes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails