Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Organizing your Ads

All those coupons, all those rebates, all those ads, all those flyers and papers--how do you keep them straight?

It can be a real mess to keep track of everything. I've written in the past about keeping track of rebates and organizing your coupons. Today, we are going to take a look at sales ads.

In my area we have Target, Walmart, K-mart, Walgreens, CVS, Marsh, Kroger and Jay-C to keep track of. This is a modest list compared to some areas. How do I keep everything organized and ready to go?

I use file folders. Target and K-mart share a folder where I keep the ads, a list of current sale and coupon match-ups and my coupon envelope for that store's planned trips.

Walgreens has its own folder where I keep the ad, the supersaver book, a list of coupon and sale match-ups for the week and a coupon envelope.

The CVS folder has the ad, the monthly ad, any other publications, store coupons, a list of coupon and sale match-ups and a coupon envelope.

Marsh, Kroger, Jay-C and Walmart all share a folder where I keep all the ads, lists of coupon match-ups and coupon envelopes for each store. I also keep my freebie coupon envelope in here so I can quickly look for items at these stores.

I also have files for restaurant ads and coupons. And a special one just for Chuck E Cheese since this is a favorite place.

All of the files are kept in an old computer bag so they can be quickly taken along with the coupon boxes any where we might go.

A special word on ECB from CVS: to keep track of my ECB so I am always using the ones that expire next, I keep them in order by date with the closest date in front and the longest in the back.

I hope this helps.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails